Tuesday 23 January 2018

PETER'S article in NB FILM CO-OP Newsletter

NBFC Weekly Friday E-News

January 19, 2018
Header Image 1Peter Evanchuck is busier than ever in 2018. Header Image 2Peter Evanchuck floats his way down the river and into the past.

 

ALL'S USUALLY WELL THAT CONTINUES WELL - THAT'S THE HOOK FOR AN ACCOMPLISHED LIFE 

'WANDERING THOUGHTS FOR A WANDERING MIND'
Well after a long hiatus dealing with my cancer and creating 'real and new' projects with my partner Helene Lacelle, I'm back at the helm of my life despite my Cancer. (going in for 'robotic cyber-knife radiation on my spine in a couple of weeks )
Been having memory problems with FCPro7 since it's a very sophisticated software editing program (yes I'm still using it and not X yet but will probably soon upgrade/change as there are no longer updates for FC Pro 7. I guess age and illness and doing lots of shit doesn't make the memory that agile, at least not mine. )
The question is whether to stay with FC or go with Premier which crosses platforms on Mac and Windows OS.
Anyway, I'm working away on a series of short documentaries because they're cheap to make using digital gear and easier than fiction films that require actors/scripts, etc.
Recently, I completed SOLITUDE, shooting from my kayak with my Panasonic 770 in one hand and my kayak paddle in the other'. Not sure if that qualifies as a 'run and gun' setup or a 'paddle&cam' style of shooting. It's all very fast and easy since I hand hold rather than 'rig a jig.'
SOLITUDE was shot in 3 hours while the Fundy Tide and Spring ice melt raised the water levels on the Salmon River about 8' which made the riverside woods a water wonderland - no earth to be seen.
For us kayakers it was a miracle paddle weaving my way through birches and pines floating on water instead of stepping on earth; unique indeed.
Moments like this make kayaking a true communing with nature event.
For those of us who experience nature in person and, not from our computer screens, the 'feel' of such an experience blossoms our Spiritus Sanctus. It's a religious definition of a miracle lived in reality.
I wish others could realize such experiences and as Archibald Lampman in 'Morning on the Lievre' poetically phrases 'and to experience joy like a child again.'
PS: just completing another short documentary entitled REMNANTS which nostalgically traces the decline of the log river runs down the Salmon River to the mill. Interweaving the past with my present kayak paddle along the shore of the Salmon River documenting the remnants of the old ways from river log jams before they began hauling the logs with tractor trailers. 'ART never SLEEPS'


Here's a link to Peter's article in NB FILM CO-OP Newsletter

No comments:

Post a Comment